Grenada’s Green Globe-Certified Spice Island Beach Resort (www.SpiceIslandBeachResort.com), the #1 rated hotel in the Caribbean according to Trip Advisor reviewers, continues to exceed as one of the Top 10 Greenest Hotels in the Caribbean by Caribbean Journal. Guests can let go of all worries while indulging in complete luxury and relaxation at Spice, knowing the resort implements an abundance of eco-friendly initiatives to minimize its carbon footprint and promote a harmonious natural lifestyle including:
• Use of solar rooftop heaters for all hot water needs.
• Utilizing water from the sea (during the dry season) through an on-property desalinization plant (where seawater is desalinized into fresh water)
• Purification of the main swimming pool and private pools in the Anthurium, Luxury Almond and Royal Collection Suites by the chemical-free Auto Pilot system, which uses salt instead of chlorine (the resort has converted 295,000-plus gallons of water)
• Composting and maintenance of a vegetable and herb garden that supplies the kitchen with fresh ingredients
• Purchase of fresh fruits and vegetables grown locally and organically
• Incorporation of native plants into the landscaping, replanting of trees, placement of garbage containers on Grand Anse Beach, and clean-ups of reefs and the surrounding Mourne Rouge area
• Use of energy-efficient, compact fluorescent bulbs throughout the property
• Outside lights on timers
• Turning off air conditioners when rooms aren’t occupied and encouraging guests to conserve as well
• Water and electricity meter readings are conducted daily and communicated at morning meetings
• Use of recycled printer cartridges
• Use of 100% post consumer paper for company letterheads and envelopes
• 1.5 gpm aerators installed on all taps in the bathrooms and on some kitchen sinks
• Reuse of office paper for internal printing and old towels as kitchen and housekeeping washcloths
• Use of environmentally-friendly cleaning products (most cleaning products are food-based, non-toxic and phosphate-free)
• Purchase of energy-efficient electrical appliances and water conservation devices
• Empowering each employee as an “Environmental Agent” by providing them with the necessary training and education on the resort’s environmental practices, policies and objectives.
The resort also has a Green Team comprised of staff supervisors and managers to oversee and implement the environmental program. Recognizing the resort’s commitment to operating at the world’s highest environmental standards, Spice Island Beach Resort’s Green Globe Certification is based on internationally accepted criteria for sustainable operation and management of travel and tourism businesses. Spice Island Beach Resort was the first property on Grenada to become Green Globe Certified in 2004 and continues to improve its eco-friendly initiatives each year.
Spice Island Beach Resort appeals to discerning affluent travelers with its reputation for service, luxury beachfront and private pool suites, inventive spa treatments incorporating local spices and ingredients, and an unmatched culinary program featuring seven-course dinners which range from diet-friendly to decadent.
The resort is currently nearing the completion of a multi-million dollar renovation project to ensure the boutique resort remains at the forefront of the luxury tourism market. The project encompasses the entirety of the resort from an upgraded porte-cochère featuring contemporary pavers to a redesigned courtyard, reception area, residence lounge, restaurants and guest rooms.
Spice Island Beach Resort
The award-winning Spice Island Beach Resort features 64 elegantly-appointed suites, the full-service Janissa’s Spa, a Cybex® fitness center, Oliver’s beach-side gourmet restaurant, the Sea & Surf Terrace for light lunches, the Sea & Surf Bar for refreshing cocktails throughout the day, a central swimming pool with swim-up whirlpool, an Omnicourt® tennis court, the Nutmeg Pod children’s activity center, the Gatsby Boutique and more.
Spice Island Beach Resort is a proud member of the esteemed Small Luxury Hotels of the World (SLH) collection and the first and only resort in Grenada to be featured in the exclusive Virtuoso network’s Hotels & Resorts Program and Signature Hotels & Resorts Collection.
Click on http://www.spiceislandbeachresort.com/imagelibrary for pictures of the property. Visit http://www.spicebeachresort.com/VirtualTours.htm for a virtual tour.
For more information, contact Spice Island Beach Resort toll-free at 1-800-501-8603, tel: 473-444-4258, fax: 473-444-4807, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit www.SpiceIslandBeachResort.com.
Josh Kahn/Nicole Hellmers
J.Kahn@KTCpr.com or N.Hellmers@KTCpr.com
Telephone: (516) 594-4100