Located between The Walk, JBR and the Dubai Marina, the Delta Hotels by Marriott, Jumeirah Beach is an ideal destination for both business and leisure travelers. The four-star hotel features 360 rooms, suites and fully-serviced apartments that offer magnificent views of Dubai Marina and Jumeirah Beach.
Green Globe awarded Delta Hotels by Marriott, Jumeirah Beach its first certification in April with the property receiving a notable compliance score of 86%.
Nadia Ibrahim, accredited Green Globe Auditor with Farnek Middle East, details best practices at the newly certified property.
After enlisting for Green Globe certification, great efforts were made at Delta Hotels to understand the indicators and form a team to manage the program. Both management and each department showed a strong commitment to adopting various practices as required by Green Globe. Investments were also made in purchasing items that complied with Green Globe requirements with further initiatives planned for the coming year.
The property undertakes and supports various CSR activities including working in collaboration with the Emirates Environment Group as part of the UAE Clean UP campaign to assist with Clean Ups at Al Qudra lake. Tree planting is also held at Al Qudrain Dubai and organized by the Emirates Environmental group.
Delta Hotels supported the RTA Biking Challenge 2019, a charity event held at Al Qudra to assist the Al Jalila Foundation. The Al Jalila Foundation is a not-for-profit organisation dedicated to transforming lives through medical research, education and treatment in the UAE. Monies raised during the event was donated to the foundation. Delta Hotels also participates in a donation program that provides rice to UN aid countries such as Syria.
Energy Efficient Management
Many energy saving measures have been implemented at the hotel such as:
• 100% of the lighting at the property is produced by energy efficient LED lamps
• A Building Management System (BMS) controls temperatures in various areas of the building based on HVAC preset temperatures that are triggered by motion sensors
• To reduce heat and insulate the building, aluminium panels sandwiched with PU foam insulation have been installed on the roof top
• All external windows are double glazed with double glass panels to reduce heat and outside noise
• The property has undertaken an energy audit based on Ashrae Level II to identify potential areas and techniques that can maximize energy savings
• Motion sensors are installed on all urinals in public toilets and male staff changing rooms
Environmentally Friendly Purchasing
The property prefers to use eco-friendly and FSC certified products. This includes eco-friendly cleaning products, FSC certified paper and tissue rolls, Oxo biodegradable garbage bags, paper straws and green certified carpets. In addition, Delta Hotels purchases MSC certified fish and Fair Trade certified coffee. The property plans to completely remove all non-recyclable cups and replace them with PLA coated biodegradable cups to minimize landfill.
For further information please see www.marriott.com