Green Globe congratulates both the Château Saint-Martin & Spa and the Hotel du Cap-Eden-roc on obtaining Green Globe Certification for the fourth year in a row. The Green Globe award is proof of the strong commitment of these jewels in the Oetker Collection to protecting and preserving the environment.
Once a 12th century Knights Templar castle, the elegant and prestigious Château Saint-Martin & Spa is set in a 32 acre estate, where the mountains meet the scenic Côte d’Azur (French Riviera). In more recent times, the property has been transformed into a luxury five star hotel with a commitment to raising awareness about conservation issues within the community.
The CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) department, created in 2011 and managed by Julie Poirot, CSR coordinator, is behind numerous projects initiated every year. The CSR department at Chateau Saint Martin and spa attaches great importance to making the hotel an eco-responsible establishment that takes great care of the surrounding environment. Several beehives adorn the property providing organic honey for guests’ tables as well as protecting local biodiversity. In addition, interactive educational programs for children highlight the beauty of nature and the importance of environmental responsibility.
Various forms of action have been set in place such as the use of hybrid cars by guests to reduce carbon emissions and the use of fossil fuels. Also, many staff members are actively involved in associations like JMAH (Jeunesse Missionnaire d’Aide Humanitaire), a humanitarian project in the Congo offering medical aid services strongly supported by the Oetker Collection.
At Hotel du Cap-Eden-Roc, the construction of an “insect hotel” offers shelter to a whole host of insect species. The natural environment of the grounds deteriorates over winter, reducing the number of spaces suitable for insects, particularly during hibernation. This luxury shelter houses and protects invertebrate friends; some of them use it to build their nests, while others see it as a temporary refuge.
The “hotel” is home to beetles and ladybirds, and also solitary bees or butterflies and even earwigs. Each species has its own dedicated area comprised of drilled logs, wood shavings, branches or moss. The “insect hotel” helps to enrich the micro fauna at the Hotel du Cap-Eden-Roc while educating young guests about protecting the environment.
More information: www.oetkercollection.com
About The Oetker Collection
Oetker Collection is one of the most inspiring selections of masterpiece hotels in the world.The name ‘masterpiece hotels’ includes a pledge; a commitment to provide service of the highest quality, every hour of every day. The pearl as a symbol combines singularity, beauty and quality. The individual pearls bind together to form a unique string of pearls.
Each property is one-of-a-kind, reflecting the unique European heritage and sharing the highest levels of service internationally with exceptional and historic architecture & interiors combining with great attention to detail.
Oetker Collection embraces nine luxury hotels:
- L’Apogée Courchevel – a luxury chalet with a warm and family atmosphere offering
the most desirable skiing experience at the top of Courchevel 1850 in the French Alps.
- Brenners Park-Hotel & Spa – an iconic grand hotel, amidst a sprawling private park in Baden-Baden, Germany. The historic Villa Stéphanie now offers Europe’s most refined and innovative spa experience.
- Le Bristol Paris – an authentic vibrant French palace completely refurbished, the
ultimate reference for Parisian art-de-vivre, ideally located on the prestigious rue du
- Château Saint-Martin & Spa – a romantic chateau of excellence nestled in the heart
of Provence, boasting breathtaking views over the Mediterranean coastline.
- Eden Rock – a luxurious retreat in St Barths built on a rocky promontory, surrounded by white sandy beaches, and turquoise sea; French art-de-vivre in the heart of the Caribbean.
- Fregate Island Private – a jewel of conservation featuring lush forest, wild fauna, and overlooking the crystal waters of the Seychelles. Unique on the Planet.
- Hotel du Cap-Eden-Roc – a legendary luxury hotel at the centre of a scenic private
park, where old-world glamour meets modern luxury at the tip of the Cap d’Antibes.
- The Lanesborough London – classically British service in a remarkably refined and
charming grand residence
- Palais Namaskar – a peaceful oasis with contemporary and sophisticated design set in the Palmeraie, the most exclusive residential area in Marrakech.
Head of Communications
phone +33 4 92 93 76 04
Hotel du Cap-Eden-Roc
Château Saint-Martin & Spa